Inspire others, increase productivity, and improve your work atmosphere.
Key principles for quality leadership:
1. Be conscious of the influence you have on others:
- Leadership isn't something inherent in people but is rather defined by your overall character and behaviour.
- It is important to own your behaviour and make sure that it influences others in the way that you want it to.
2. Be aware of your own and the team's shared values:
- Avoiding constantly changing stances and direction. As a leader, be clear about your opinions.
- Clearly define your own values. This will build trust around others.
- Your own values will significantly affect everything that you will do. Make sure you are aware of those.
3. Leading by example is much more effective than giving orders:
- It is much simpler to persuade someone to follow you if you’re doing the right thing rather than merely telling them what to and what not to do. It may even result in people changing their behaviour without even realizing it.
4. Be imaginative, picture opportunities:
- Leading effectively requires you to be able to picture what future possibilities look like.
- This ability is a critical quality that separates leaders from everybody else.
5. Get others onboard your collective idea:
- Motivate and inspire others with goals and visions that everybody can support.
- Makes everything and everyone feel more purposeful.
6. Actively search for opportunities:
- All great leaders willfully step forward to grab new opportunities. Bringing out positive change requires initiative.
- Research suggests that proactive people are considered more effective leaders.
7. Emphasize small victories:
- Havard B School researchers found that small accomplishments can greatly motivate people.
- It will ensure that tasks seem more achievable which will motivate team members.
- Focus on making small leaps to small leaps, gradually increasing the level of wins.
8. Build a supportive team:
- Prioritize on creating a supportive environment for all team members.
- Team members and leaders should work together to accomplish goals.
- Trust needs to exist between the team members and their leaders for this to be possible.
9. Empower your team members:
- Focus on instilling a sense of ownership among your team members for their work.
- Employees will feel more motivated to strive for better results.
- Offering employees more freedom and trusting them to make better decisions increases team performance.
>Leading by good example-
Actions speak louder than words. Make sure to live and lead by setting an example for others to follow and do better.
You will discover the greatest opportunities only by journeying into the unfamiliar. Remain open to collecting ideas at any time and anywhere.
>Empower your team members-
Good leaders know how to empower their team members to make their own decisions. This instils a sense of ownership, which boosts efficiency throughout the team.