A philosophy to achieve success in life and fulfil aspirations.
Unlike what the title of the book suggests, this book is not about how to boost your income and become richer. The author demonstrates a philosophy that can help anyone achieve success in their professional life, fulfil their aspirations. It’s a good read for entrepreneurs.
Think And Grow Rich is a way of living. It is a state of mind. A mindset. The idea is to use the power of thoughts to bring out strong passions, desires and a specific purpose into reality. Transforming an obsession into a reality is not a simple task. With a strong enough desire and willingness to raise the stakes, you will succeed.
The author proposes the following formula:
Success = Desire + Ideas + Plans + Massive Action
- Start with a goal. Eg: A better job. To achieve that goal, the key is to shift your thinking from failure consciousness to success consciousness.
- You have to shift the question from ‘how do I get a job?’ to ‘what can I give to a job?
1.Desire: The Start Of Achievement
- Stop wishing your desires to materialize. It will not bring you riches.
- To achieve a goal, having a burning desire is a must, accompanied by a strong belief, supported by the definiteness of purpose—these things make up a strong understanding of what one really wants.
2.Faith: Visualisation & Belief In Fulfilment Of Desire
- Faith is the offset of success and the bond that holds it all together.
- Through affirmations to self or repeated suggestions to the subconscious, you can amplify the emotion of faith,
- This is required to convert your desires into their physical or monetary form.
3.Auto-suggestion: The Medium for Changing the Subconscious Mind
- This refers to the use of self-directed communication and self-administered motives to direct thoughts from the conscious mind to the subconscious.
4.Specialized Knowledge: Individual Experiences or Observations
- General information and knowledge will not benefit you in accumulating riches, neither will specialized knowledge on its own.
- One should learn how to organize and use information and knowledge after one obtains it.
- On top of this, improve your own knowledge with that of other individuals with multiple experiences.
5.Imagination: The Workshop of the Mind
- Imagination is the unique ability of humans that forms, design, and gives action to desire.
- There are 2 types. One, the synthetic imagination, which arranges old thoughts or ideas into new combinations; the second, the creative imagination, which draws out thought vibrations from other people and the environment, connects with Infinite Intelligence and creates new ideas.
6.Organized Planning: The Materialization of Desire into Action
- A definite, practical plan should be formed and put into action to render a desire into its physical or monetary form.
- Continuously reconstruct your plans and keep pursuing your goal, supplied with the knowledge of your previous failures. Don't give on planning.
7.Decision: The Mastery of Procrastination
- Procrastination and indecisiveness are significant reasons for failure.
- Successful people arrive at decisions quickly and clearly and are slow to change. They understand what they want and, usually, get it.
8.Persistence: The Effort Necessary to Induce Faith
- Most people will quit at the first hint of opposition. However, strong willpower, coupled with desire, is essential to ensure that one’s objectives are reached.
9.Power of the Master Mind: The Driving Force
- Individuals can achieve and apply collective power through the creation of a Master Mind group.
- It is an association of individuals with diverse strengths and perspectives who organise their knowledge and efforts to achieve a specific purpose.
10.The Subconscious Mind: The Connecting Link
- According to the author, the subconscious mind is the mediator between the finite mind of humans and the Infinite Intelligence that allows humans to tap into the capabilities of the Universal Mind.